Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by jaitie on 2010-08-13, 16:00

best2...macam mkn ramai jer community malaysia akan berhijrah ke qatar...InsyaAllah...i will be there alo by end of sept...raya dulu kat malaysia....thanks to all info dlm forum nie...mmg btol2 berguna...

jaitie
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 9
Age : 35
Registration date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Chian on 2010-08-15, 07:44

Somebody mentioned about International Driving Licence which is valid for one month here. It was confirmed when the guy approached one of the captain at the Traffic Department. Unfortunately, I can recall who is the guy and can't find any black & white either.

Anyhow, the point is, besides taxi haram, new comers with International Driving Licence may also rent a car and drive on their own while waiting for the Qatari Driving licence. Few did this and it was a lot easier to move around and cheaper too.


Chian
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Dean78 on 2010-08-15, 17:50

Chian wrote:Somebody mentioned about International Driving Licence which is valid for one month here. It was confirmed when the guy approached one of the captain at the Traffic Department. Unfortunately, I can recall who is the guy and can't find any black & white either.

Anyhow, the point is, besides taxi haram, new comers with International Driving Licence may also rent a car and drive on their own while waiting for the Qatari Driving licence. Few did this and it was a lot easier to move around and cheaper too.


Thanks for the info, Chian. I will convert my driving license to international first before going over to Qatar. Smile

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by jaitie on 2010-08-16, 18:14

Dean, any idea how to convert malaysia driving license to international license.How much and how long it will take

jaitie
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 9
Age : 35
Registration date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Tagazoo on 2010-08-16, 19:37

jaitie wrote:Dean, any idea how to convert malaysia driving license to international license.How much and how long it will take

Saya tolong jawab..pergi JPJ, buat gambar passport size, isi borang & bayar 150 ringgit untuk setahun, buat photocopy lesen & kad pengenalan jugak. Buat & siap time tu jugak (lebih kurang 10 minit aje)

Tagazoo
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 180
Location : kat rumah leeeee
Registration date : 2008-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-17, 04:26

Tapi kan, konpem ke boleh pakai International License ni kat Qatar, let say untuk kita sewa kete dulu.. saya takut apa, kang skali kene stop ngn polis arab kang.. skali cek lesen Qatar takde.. macamana?
kalau betul boleh pakai, takpelah kan... i think shud be better because i can wander around.. Very Happy

Salam,

Nik

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Abu Daniel on 2010-08-17, 05:12

Assalamualaikum.

I'm a newbie on this forum. You can call me Abu Daniel because nama anak saya Daniel. I'm married, umur 34, with a 2 year-old son. Sekarang tinggal di Shah Alam with wife & son.

InsyaAllah I will be going to Qatar after Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Saya dapat offer from RasGas for a 6-month contract job in Ras Laffan.

Saya nak tanya if ada sesiapa ada bilik sewa or 1-bedroom apartment?
Kerana saya pergi sorang saja ke Qatar nanti. Mungkin anak-isteri akan datang visit for a few weeks hujung tahun nanti.

Will appreciate if anyone ada info mengenai sewa bilik or 1-bedroom apartment.

Setakat ni offer saya tu contract 6 months je but insyaAllah hope can get a permanent position di Qatar nanti.

Salam berkenalan untuk semua.

Thank you. Wassalam.

Ikhlas,
Abu Daniel @ Abah kepada Daniel.

Abu Daniel
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-17, 08:42

Salam Abu Daniel...
Congrats on your newly acquired job...
Kejap lagi mesti ada members akan reply to your query.. saya tatau sbb belom sampai sana lagik.. Smile

Salam,
Nik

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Chian on 2010-08-18, 11:47

Abu Daniel,

Welcome aboard cheers .

Pasal bilik sewa ......... Try to write to Bro Zul (zulkarnainhrn@yahoo.com). Few months ago, he was searching for a housemate. He is staying in Doha but works and commutes daily to Ras Laffan. Who knows, he may still require a housemate or knows any other colleagues in Ras Laffan who may be able to help you.

Salam,
Chian

Chian
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2009-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-18, 16:13

Salam all,

Another question..
How am i going to bring a few of my stuffs from Malaysia to Qatar? For instance small furniture, electrical appliances etc etc... is company will reimburse or help in order to bring all of my stuff to Qatar? anybody ever experience this? appreciate your inputs..

Thanks a bunch...

Salam,
Nik

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by jibak on 2010-08-18, 18:44

NiK_TAF56 wrote:Salam all,

Another question..
How am i going to bring a few of my stuffs from Malaysia to Qatar? For instance small furniture, electrical appliances etc etc... is company will reimburse or help in order to bring all of my stuff to Qatar? anybody ever experience this? appreciate your inputs..

Thanks a bunch...

Salam,
Nik

NIk,

brapa banyak u nak bawak? Kalau banyak sgt bttr amik satu contena bttr. Member2 yg ada experience boleh advise.
kalau sikit dlm 300kg frm KL to Doha cost me around Rm3K++.

Sini barang eletrik mcm tak mahal sangat so maybe boleh consider beli dkt sini, furniture memang mahalla sebab pokok tak banyak, perabot made in malaysia mahal oo, org kedai ckp good quality etc..

jibak
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Abu Daniel on 2010-08-19, 05:28

Thanks for the replies kawan-kawan. Smile

I found a one-bedroom villa in Al-Khor with kitchen for around QR2500 - QR3000. Ada agent advertise kat internet. Okay ke price mcm tu? Kalau villa ni mcm mana ye? Mcm rumah terrace satu tingkat or lain?

I plan nak ajak my wife and son visit me end of the year nanti, maybe selama sebulan, so fikir that it's better to get a 1-room place lah.


Abu Daniel
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by summer6266 on 2010-08-19, 07:57

NiK_TAF56 wrote:Salam all,

Another question..
How am i going to bring a few of my stuffs from Malaysia to Qatar? For instance small furniture, electrical appliances etc etc... is company will reimburse or help in order to bring all of my stuff to Qatar? anybody ever experience this? appreciate your inputs..

Thanks a bunch...

Salam,
Nik

Salam Nik,

Last year we brought all of our stuff to Qatar with contena.
It cost us around 17K from packing,loading,transporting,
unloading up to positioning.
Not sure about others, but in our case QP did not reimburse the
shipping cost 100%. The top up will come from furniture allowance.

summer6266
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-19, 08:24

Thanks Jibak and Summer6266 for the prompt replies..

I was thinking to bring in a few of my things... not all of course.. at least i have some insights on the howabout later on...
thanks again..

Salam,
Nik

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Dean78 on 2010-08-19, 17:28

NiK_TAF56 wrote:Thanks Jibak and Summer6266 for the prompt replies..

I was thinking to bring in a few of my things... not all of course.. at least i have some insights on the howabout later on...
thanks again..

Salam,
Nik

Salam Nik/All,

My flight is confirmed - I will be in Doha by 17th Oct. Nik, how about you? Anyone else who'll be there by this date, feel free to reach out - perhaps can go for teh or something at night. By the way, I intend to go there with just my clothes and books. I'll miss my house in Singapore for sure knowing the fact that I will be renting it out fully furnished! Adoi... Neutral

Selamat Berpuasa.

Dean

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by anaz on 2010-08-20, 06:48

Ehhh... Lama dah anaz tak mencelah bedah kat forum ni... Saper2 nak dtg sini tu anaz ucapkan good luck... selamat berjaya... selamat berpuasa... selamat segala2nya lah... diam tak diam anaz dah dua bulan kat sini...

anaz
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 22
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-20, 16:05

Dean78 wrote:

Salam Nik/All,

My flight is confirmed - I will be in Doha by 17th Oct. Nik, how about you? Anyone else who'll be there by this date, feel free to reach out - perhaps can go for teh or something at night. By the way, I intend to go there with just my clothes and books. I'll miss my house in Singapore for sure knowing the fact that I will be renting it out fully furnished! Adoi... Neutral

Selamat Berpuasa.

Dean

Dear Dean,

My flight is also confirmed.. I will depart from KLIA on the 30th October (Saturday).. I will definitely contact you upon my arrival in Doha.. Other friends, it will also be cool if we can hang out.. so that we will be able to know each other and exchange our mobile numbers... Very Happy
So Dean and Qatar friends, see you soon..

Salam,
Nik

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by rizi the doll on 2010-08-22, 07:52

anaz wrote:Ehhh... Lama dah anaz tak mencelah bedah kat forum ni... Saper2 nak dtg sini tu anaz ucapkan good luck... selamat berjaya... selamat berpuasa... selamat segala2nya lah... diam tak diam anaz dah dua bulan kat sini...

Anaz... hotel u tak buat buka posa ker?

brapa harga?

rizi the doll
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 347
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by nazihas on 2010-08-22, 11:21

Chian wrote:Somebody mentioned about International Driving Licence which is valid for one month here. It was confirmed when the guy approached one of the captain at the Traffic Department. Unfortunately, I can recall who is the guy and can't find any black & white either.

Anyhow, the point is, besides taxi haram, new comers with International Driving Licence may also rent a car and drive on their own while waiting for the Qatari Driving licence. Few did this and it was a lot easier to move around and cheaper too.


Welcome guys!
Just to quote on International Driv Lic, i was told by one malaysian. He went to traffic dept to settle his traffic ticket, he was using an International Lic and verbally confirm by the officer in-charged that its valid for one month from the date of arrival. But never seen any black & white. Some say its valid for 6 months. affraid

nazihas
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Minah Kampong on 2010-08-22, 11:52

International Driving License is valid for one month upon arrival and Country Driving License is valid for 7 days upon arrival. This is standard practice worldwide.

Minah Kampong
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 31
Age : 33
Location : Doha Qatar
Registration date : 2008-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Dean78 on 2010-08-23, 17:42

Thanks Minah Kampong and nazihas for the useful info. Thus, it will mean that we have to convert our driving license to the Qatari one asap once we're there. Smile

Nik,
Roger bro! Cool to hang out once you're in town. Just give me a ring at my number. If I change my number, I will PM you - I intend to cancel the current one and get a pre-paid. See you soon! cheers

Dean

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Abu Daniel on 2010-08-24, 09:58

NiK_TAF56 wrote:
Dean78 wrote:

Salam Nik/All,

My flight is confirmed - I will be in Doha by 17th Oct. Nik, how about you? Anyone else who'll be there by this date, feel free to reach out - perhaps can go for teh or something at night. By the way, I intend to go there with just my clothes and books. I'll miss my house in Singapore for sure knowing the fact that I will be renting it out fully furnished! Adoi... Neutral

Selamat Berpuasa.

Dean

Dear Dean,

My flight is also confirmed.. I will depart from KLIA on the 30th October (Saturday).. I will definitely contact you upon my arrival in Doha.. Other friends, it will also be cool if we can hang out.. so that we will be able to know each other and exchange our mobile numbers... Very Happy
So Dean and Qatar friends, see you soon..

Salam,
Nik

Dear friends,

InsyaAllah I will also be in Doha pada masa tu. Hope we can meet up juga di sana.
InsyaAllah.

Abu Daniel.




Abu Daniel
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Dean78 on 2010-08-24, 11:57

Abu Daniel wrote:
NiK_TAF56 wrote:
Dean78 wrote:

Salam Nik/All,

My flight is confirmed - I will be in Doha by 17th Oct. Nik, how about you? Anyone else who'll be there by this date, feel free to reach out - perhaps can go for teh or something at night. By the way, I intend to go there with just my clothes and books. I'll miss my house in Singapore for sure knowing the fact that I will be renting it out fully furnished! Adoi... Neutral

Selamat Berpuasa.

Dean

Dear Dean,

My flight is also confirmed.. I will depart from KLIA on the 30th October (Saturday).. I will definitely contact you upon my arrival in Doha.. Other friends, it will also be cool if we can hang out.. so that we will be able to know each other and exchange our mobile numbers... Very Happy
So Dean and Qatar friends, see you soon..

Salam,
Nik

Dear friends,

InsyaAllah I will also be in Doha pada masa tu. Hope we can meet up juga di sana.
InsyaAllah.

Abu Daniel.


Insyaallah, Abu Daniel. We'll be in touch. PM us your number. Smile

Dean

Dean78
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Abu Daniel on 2010-08-24, 12:06

Dean,

I already PM you my henfon number. Basketball

Your flight nanti from KLIA or Singapore? Naik Qatar Airways ke?

Abu Daniel.

Abu Daniel
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by NiK_TAF56 on 2010-08-24, 12:56

I will fly from KT - KLiA - Doha via Qatar airways. Great daniel. See ya.

NiK_TAF56
Active Member
Active Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Introduction - Newcomer to Qatar (InsyaAllah by end of 2010)

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum